10.02.2012

// New beginnings

Hello, hi.
Here I am.

I've been on a fun adventure and finally found my way back to my blog.
What do you guys think of the new look? :)

For those of you that have been following me for a while and have been wondering where I am, this is for you :)

I've been on a lovely and exhausting and beautiful and overwhelming adventure that is marriage and welovepictures. A while back there was talk of me working part-time, which would've allowed me to blog more. This never happened. The last wedding season took up all my time, attention and energy and I ended up ignoring my blog. All the spare time I had I invested in hanging out with friends, climbing mountains or making out with my husband :)

But this has all changed now.
For realsies.
I am now officially working 'part-time' for welovepictures and I have muuuuuch more free time.
We're still finding our feet, and since I still shoot and do all the admin, my free time is limited.
But blogging is on top of the list. So you'll be seeing more of me :) Oh yes.

So in celebration of new beginnings I'm blogging about this sweet little wreath I made for my amazing friend Karin. Karin and Craig got engaged on Sunday! Oh yes! And I have not been able to stop smiling. They are so good together.
Father did good, He did so good.

On Monday we went to have dinner with Karin & Craig and Karin's family.
Karin, like me, is a German South-African and we have a love for all our sweet 'sunshine' German traditions. The wreath is a 'Verlobungs Kranz' (and engagement wreath), given to the bride-to-be on the day of her engagement :)
Love made me do it. 

Congratulations again, my Kazie and Craig! Oh man - your wedding is going to be amazzzzing! 

'With Grace in her heart and flowers in her hair' - Mumford & Sons

love,
Maike


15 comments:

  1. Nice to have you back. That wreath is beautiful, what a lovely tradition. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love this! I love the wreath. I love your writing. Love it all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sweetest friend, the new look is AMAZING! Love you, and your heart and your blog and this wreath and that K&C are engaged. How amazing is God, and how amazing is life!? xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, a big resounding yay from me. Here's to many exciting adventures and part time'ness! Love thr new look xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So happy to have you back, your instagram profile is beautiful and now, to have your inspiring blog writing back = great news!

    ReplyDelete
  6. just lovely. a lovely wreath for a lovely girl. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new look <3 and yay for new beginnings xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. i am sooo glad you've come back to your blog. i found it while you were gone, and subscribed to you so that i would know when you came back.

    beautiful wreath + blog, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That wreath is gorgeous! Glad you're back to blogging! x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Welcome back - that is the most beautiful gift ever, she must have been so chuffed

    ReplyDelete
  11. You being back rocks my world.
    HURRAH!

    ReplyDelete